Saturday, May 18, 2013

Too 3D or Not to 3D

While reading a blog, project zomboid 's I think, there was a discussion on the amount of frames it would take to animate the characters. It was in the thousands. Not even possible on a Ipad. This thought arrived while programming the movement on the game. The current movement is tile based and the character moves the entire width of the tile. See the videos in previous posts. I think I want to have pre-rendered 3d characters, very low poly, and 5 frames of animations per character. It would not be wise to have your first project contain any 3D. Programming is hard and programming 3D, while possible, is harder out of the scope of this project.

I have not written about my background before. I studied fine art at Arizona State University, have programmed Flash professionally and was a professional comic book colorist.  Here is an old portfolio from 2006. http://www.freewebs.com/vidopiac/ My introduction to programming was a Pet CBM learning Fortran and Pascal in the mid 80's. I had a Mac 128 and an Amiga (awesome machine). On the 3D side I am a decent box modeler, and texture artist. I use Modo for 3D and on the 2D side I use Photoshop, Procreate, and Artrage. 

The 3D can be done me, time permitting. 

TO be contiued... Star Trek is calling me.... Phasers on Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment